Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of July 10, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), , Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charlie Kunkel
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Cindy Gallagher, Katie Nosker, Mike Heaney
No minutes to approve
- Cathy Elliott-Shaw announced that the Greenteam will be hosting a lighting fair and composting workshop 9/7.
- Mayor Malone announced the following: Hilltop park is to be finished in November, 2nd st park is almost finished, Buy Local Burlington fliers were distributed, and there will be a ribbon cutting ceremony at Bordentown Beach for the Heritage Trail.
Communications and Announcements:
- 1. Lime Kiln Park update: BCEC is to agree on maintenance plan- Leah, Don and Mike Tunney will meet 9:30, 7/12 to discuss plan; the Mayor has asked for a list of needs for Lime Kiln; tractor has been bought to manage fields and trails through the meadow have been established.
- Oliver Street Park update: in the fall we need to brush hog and start again in establishing native plantings and trails.
- Suzanne Birchfield and Charlie Kunkel are the newly appointed member of the BCEC.
- Community Garden update: Mayor Malone is looking into permission from Clare Estates to use their property; Leah will map out a possible garden off of Burlington st.
- 1. Greenteam will host lighting fair and compost workshop 9/7 at Carslake Community Center.
- Fulltime housing inspector hired to help clean up derelict houses.
- An ordinace on housing compatability has been passed- any major renovations must match housing zone.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- 1. Ralph submitted proposed budget for $2500 for 2013.
- 2. There is $3450 left of the $5K donated by Mr. Tutek- this is kept in a separate account. Possible items to spend money on include” gates for Lime Kiln.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:05(the next meeting will be August 14, 2013 at 7:30pm.)