Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of October 9, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:30 p
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charles Kunkel, Mike Lahr, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Cindy Gallagher
September minutes approved with changes.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: On 9/27 the butterfly garden was weeded and new plantings planted with the help of Diana Raichel and volunteers. Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog in 2 weeks.
- Oliver Street Park update: brush hog in 2 weeks,
- Greenteam updates: The Greenteam would like a page on the BCEC website; they would like to update the recycling guide; railroad ave was weeded and so was the jug handle on Crosswicks and 130 and mums were planted.
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- Community Garden- Mayor Malone received a go ahead on the Clare Estate Property, he will finalize and then the CG committee will begin garden plans.
- Great turnout for Cranberry Festival with a lot of people showing interest in BCEC events.
- 10/9 Abbott Marsh Tour- meet at light rail parking lot.
- Possible talk on energy audits Dec 3 or 10th.
- The Park st Townhouses are moving ahead with Illumiati construction- dealing with light and drainage issues.
- New duplex on Willow St is being approved.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- $500 has been allotted for Greenteam.
- Mayor Malone said we raise money but must be deposited in city account. No raffles.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45 (the next meeting will be December 11th, 2013 at 7:30pm.)