Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of November 13, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charles Kunkel, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone
October minutes approved.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog.
- Oliver Street Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog. We to come up with a plan for spring maintenance.
- Greenteam updates: Won Silver award for Sustainable Jersey!! And Sustainable Small Community Award! They are updating the recycling pamphlet to include info on recycling Rx drugs and cell phones.
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- Community Garden- Mayor Malone to follow up with Clare Estates.
- BCEC Sub-Committees- please tell Ralph which committee you would like to join.
- Fall/winter newsletter is being worked on by Joel Dowshen.
- The Creative team is working a creative asset map for town and wants a city calendar that lists all Bordentown Events, not just ones sponsored by DBA.
- Sustainable Jersey grants are out 2k and 20k- any ideas on what to apply for- electric car to follow sweeper or community garden.
- Hilltop Park plans need input from BCEC.
- Bill and Carol Perroni won the rain barrel from the cranberry festival.
- No December Earth Talk
- Possible Water and Sewer plant talk.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
– No new updates
Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 (the next meeting will be December 11th, 2013 at 7:30 pm.)