Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of September 10, 2014
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-Chair), Andy Richardson, Leah Ducey, Mike Lahr
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Cindy Gallagher
No minutes to approved.
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Butterfly garden needs to be weeded- looking for volunteers.
- Oliver Street Park update: Need to establish paths and maintenance plan.
- Greenteam updates: Cathy Elliott-Shaw met with Principal Lynch and Jill Popko for high school garden, asking teachers and students for input on what type of garden they would like.
- Community Garden Update– Leah Ducey, Ralph Tolomeo and Ellen Werhman met with the School Superintendent to discuss the use of Clara Barton Annex lot. Superintendent supported idea and school board will vote on decision 9/17/14. Leah also met with Temple design class on 9/3 and the students are including Community Garden ideas for project.
- Library Garden looks great! Marsha Dowshen and Leona Lee have cleaned up garden and marked native plants with new plant ID markers.
- See Andy for staffing the booth for Cranbury Festival 10/4 and 10/5- people needed to staff booth
- We are co-sponsoring events with Abbott Marsh and this posted on BCEC website
- BCEC is looking for a place to store street fair materials.
- Cranbury Festival 10/4 and 10/5
- 9/23 Earth talk and video on new single stream recycling
- 12/9 Earth talk on vultures by APHIS
- New member- Deborah Branson
- 2 lots on the corner of Spring and Ann st were approved for building houses
- Part of Tutek office is approved to be converted to residential
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- We have $2460.20 left from $3200 and are looking to purchase reusable shopping bags.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:15 (the next meeting will be October 8th at 7:30pm.)