Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of December 10, 2014
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-Chair), Leah Ducey, Mike Lahr, Mike Tunney
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw
No minutes to approved.
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Need master maintenance plan so we can give to city. Message kiwannis about taking over care of Butterfly garden- weeding/ mulching.
- Oliver Street Park update: Need to establish paths and maintenance plan.
- Greenteam updates: Cathy Elliott-Shaw’s husband met with high school class to talk about soils for their garden, waiting for teacher to lead next steps. Reusable bags were a hit for shop local saturday, they were stuffed with recycling fliers and handed to customers who bought from the local city stores; going to do again for chocolate walk and look into ordering more bags with shop local logo.
- Community Garden Update– Leah Ducey, Mike Tunney and Cindy Gallagher staked out potential community garden- 50 ft by 140 ft. Leah going to get fence quotes and work on Sustainable Jersey grant- Due Feb.1. Jim Lynch said the city could get water to the garden location.
- Need to get new members off the sign-up sheet and looking for new BCEC members to replace those who no longer are involved.
- Mike Tunney asked for Green Certificate for new laundrymat on Farnsworth. Alot of work was put into making it energy efficient and it would be good to recognize the eco- efforts.
- 2/17 Skunk and Groundhog talk
- 4/4 Rainbarrel workshop
- 6/13 Greenfair
- St. Mary’s nursery school for sale looking for residential zoning.
- Stores on 206/130 by empire pizza looking to have restaurant zoning.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- $336.33 left in budget
Meeting Adjourned at 9:15 (the next meeting will be January 14th at 7:30pm.)