Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair)), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charles Kunkel, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Cindy Gallagher
January minutes approved. No meeting February because of snow.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Kiwannis to volunteer on trail maintenance 4/5 from 9-1.
- Oliver Street Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog. We to come up with a plan for spring maintenance.
- Greenteam updates: 5th annual Green Fair June 14, won a $2000 grant from Sustainable Jersey to help with Green Fair, need people to help with the following Sustainable Jersey Actions: Companion animal management and Wildlife Interaction plan- please email greenteam if interested. Next meeting is March 15th at 7:00 at Carslake.
- Community Garden- on hold until next round of Sustainable Jersey grants.
- Brooke McMinn and Father Tucker will not be reappointed to BCEC. Need to replace them.
- Held the following Earth Talks and they went well: How to Boil a Frog and Energy Audit Info session.
- The BCEC will buy a sandwich board to advertise events in town.
- Shade tree planting is 4/5 and volunteers are needed.
- 4/26 Rainbarrel Workshop at Carslake
- 4/26 Kids Creek Exploration with the Watershed Ambassador.
- Street Fair May 17-18th.
- Senior Center Pants Factory needs to expand basement and city has to make a larger contribution.- BCEC has no concerns.
- Lot on Willow will be developed into a duplex house- BCEC has no concerns.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- Paid $70 for May Street fair registration
- Paid $350 for ANJEC dues
Meeting Adjourned at 8:30 (the next meeting will be April 9th at 7:30pm.)