Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC) Minutes of May 14, 2014 Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:40 pm Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-Chair), Michael Lahr, Leah Ducey (Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw April minutes approved. Public comment: none Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Mulch needs to be spread on trail.
- Oliver Street Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog. Mayor Malone asked that the BCEC come up with a list of needs for the park and he will see if there is grant money to help obtain supplies.
- Greenteam updates: Postcards need to be delivered to local businesses for Green Fair, help promote the Green Fair on Facebook, there are yard signs on Cathy’s porch you can take and display.
- Community Garden Update– Member of the green team and BCEC met with Jill Popko of the Bordentown Township greenteam to discuss their challenges and successes of starting a community garden; the BT greenteam would like to pair with BC greenteam to start a garden at the high school.
The BCEC bought a sandwich board to advertise events in town.
- BCEC Events– 9 people attended the rainbarrel workshop, the drug drop off was a huge success and the stream walk was cancelled the day of.
- Hilltop Park is almost finished and the fence should be up shortly.
- Green Fair 6/14
- Possible Vulture Talk with APHIS-USDA rep October 16 or 23?
- Native plant talk?
- Park st water management issue passed and construction can start
- Old Roma bank to reconfigure parking lot- no concerns.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- No new news
Meeting Adjourned at 8:40 (the next meeting will be June 11th at 7:30pm.)