Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of July 8, 2015
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes Prepared by Mike Lahr
Meeting Called to Order at 7:30 P.M.
Attendance: Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Co-Chair), Andy Richardson, Mike Lahr, Mike Tunney, Katie Nosker, Keith Onsdorff.
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Joe Malone (Mayor), Sigmund Targonski, Sally Miller.
Minutes: June minutes were presented and approved.
Communications, Announcements, New Business:
- Membership list was updated by attending members.
- New Earth Talks
- August 19 and October 21, 2PM: Tours of Burlington County Resource Recovery Complex: Up to 20 people per tour on weekdays only. Ralph to check with Anne Moore.
- September 22, 7PM: Earth Talk on the Pinelands.
- November 10, 7PM: Earth Talk by either Cedar Run or Pollination Station.
- Next meeting consider ramble with Abbott Marshland, bicycle ride up the canal, and/or clean-up events.
- No July Planning Board Meeting
- Green Fair: Set up smoother. Location of BCEC table excellent. Tent appreciated by sitting participants. Simultaneous baseball game caused some issues. Bottleneck on closing. Paper shredder during a farmer’s market night?
- As of July 7, budget was at $2234.05. $488 for doggie bags paid by City out of Clean Communities funding. Some Green Fair bills may yet come.
- Ralph will write Mayor Malone about tour of Ocean Spray property by BCEC members (and Steering Committee?)
- Community Garden Update;
- July 18 @ 8AM: BCEC, Green Team, and volunteers to install mesh fence. Mike T to bring lumber and nail gun(s).
- High School Native Plant Garden: no new news
- Lime Kiln Alley
- Request for trimming needs signed document (Mayor Malone).
- Oliver Street: no discussion.
Joel announced that the Native Plant Brochure was redone. Ralph will see to it that 100-150 are printed.
The meeting adjourned at about 8:30 pm.
Green Team Meeting: Tuesday July 21 @ 7:00 PM.
Next BCEC Meeting: Wednesday August 12 @ 7:30 PM.