Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of March 11, 2015
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:3 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-Chair), Leah Ducey, Mike Lahr, Mike Tunney, Katie Nosker
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Cindy Gallagher
No minutes to approved. February minutes approved with the Correction of Modern Equipment name.
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Unitartians will help 5/3 after church to help weed and mulch butterfly garden. Lead Ducey will be there to guide volunteers.
- Oliver Street Park update: Need to establish paths and maintenance plan.
- Green Team updates: Cindy Gallagher and Cathy Elliott-Shaw presented Green Business Award to Paul Ciarroca at the Commissioner meeting; Green business decal(donated by Underground Graphics) to go in store window and hope to encourage other businesses to work towards award. Cindy has been trying to get in touch with DBA to talk about handing out more reusable bags. Looking for ways to promote Lighting fair, date? Samantha the watershed ambassador with hook up with Jill Popko to help with high school garden.
- Green Fair Update: Volunteer task list going around, please help where you can. BCEC paying for Ad in Bordentown Current.
- Street fair update: Cindy is in charge of staffing- 5/16-17 9am-4pm. PLease help staff the booth. Theme will be Green Fair and Community Garden.
- BCEC membership update: Katie Nosker appointed.
- Farmers Market: Cindy working on finding out who market manager is so GreenTeam can help promote market.
- Community Garden Update– No word on grant status. Cathy Elliott-Shaw called AME Zion Church for community meeting 3/24-25, waiting to hear back.
- Earth Talk Update: Good turn out on February Skunk Earth Talk, next up Riverkeeper 4/14.
- Joel Dowshen brought up the Princeton Environmental Film Fest 3/19-29. Go check out films! Joel also brought up Trenton City Museum Exhibit: The Built Environment 3/14-5/3- Restoring Historic Buildings to be Energy Efficient.
- 4/11 Shade tree planting
- 4/14 Riverkeeper talk
- 4/18 Rain Barrel workshop
- 4/25 Drug collection
- 5/3 Clean up at Butterfly Garden in Lime Kiln
- 5/16 Street Fair
- 6/13 Greenfair
- 10/3-10/4 Cranberry Festival
- Vote on resolution for St. Mary’s Nursery school to become residential- School did not follow Planning Boards recommendation to allow access to parking lot.
- Committee for Planning Ocean Spray picked Interface to design space for 100k grant received by the City for Park st. front. City will Contract with Interface.
BCEC 2013 Budget :no update
Meeting Adjourned at 9:23 (the next meeting will be April 15th at 7:30pm.)