Bordentown City Environmental Commission Minutes of May 12, 2013
Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of May 12, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Michael Lahr
Meeting called to order at 7:32 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Michael Lahr, Andy Richardson, Don Stein, Michael Tunney
(Members of the public present): Joe Malone, Sally Miller, Cathy Shaw
April minutes approved.
- Cathy Elliott-Shaw reported in the Green Team Meeting of May 7. They made of list of needs for Sustainable Jersey that must be accomplished by September 15. She will e-mail the list.
- The Green Fair is June 8. BCEC is allocated a table.
- The next Green Team meeting is 7 PM on 5/21 to talk about final Green fair planning.
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Butterfly Garden is completed. Mike Tunney says Public Works will do future mowings. Linda Mead of D&R Greenway wants to raise signage. What name for this area? Lime Kiln Alley Preserve was favored over the Black’s Creek Project. Bare spots still need to be seeded
- Oliver Street Park update: Diana is asking for $1,700 for rehabilitation of Oliver Street Park due to use during work on a neighboring property.
- Rain barrel workshop a success. 12 rain barrels were made on 4/20 from 9AM to 1 PM.
- Sustainable Jersey recertification: see public comment area.
- Native garden at the Library: Brooke and Andy didn’t meet. Signage and plant markers may be needed. Any old pamphlets available?
- May 17th and 18th D&R is holding a native plant sale at its Lawrence Township location.
- Annual report was released.
- The newsletter and annual report were added to the BCEC website.
- Street Fair May 18th and 19th– Mike Lahr and Ralph Tolemeo can work early the 18th. Sally Miller and Andy Richardson can work all day as needed. Mike Tunney will help build up and tear down both days. Need volunteers for the 19th –see Andy. Mike Tunney suggested that it would be freshen up the trifolds with recent photos of BCEC activities. Does Kiwanis have pictures? Mike Tunney says he has some from the Butterfly Garden.
- 6/8, Sat- Green Fair at Carslake Center will need volunteers to man the table.
- 9/7, Sat – Ramble of Lime Kiln with Diana Raichel
- Pants factory plan redesign was presented with more parking spaces. Board approved the revisions. Discussion commenced on prospects for property on Third Street at the far end of Anne Street—the old lumber-mill property.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- No new news.
Meeting Adjourned at 9:07PM (the next meeting will be June 12, 2013 at 7:30pm.)