Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of September 11, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charlie Kunkel, Mike Lahr, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw
July minutes approved.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: possible rain garden on steep slope; no rocks are going around parking area, Dianna Raichel needs help planting more plants and weeding butterfly garden 9/26 or 9/27.
- Oliver Street Park update: brush hog in fall.
- Green Team updates: lighting fair and compost workshop on 9/7 were well attended; Sustainable Jersey application coming along, going for silver certification; sewer plant tour sat 9/14. People in the community have asked for a map on trails and kids activities; possible weeding day for Railroad ave?
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- The Creative arts committee has been added as a new sub-group of the BCEC.
- Staffing for Cranberry festival needs help.
- Green Team sewer plant tour 9/14.
- Earth talk about the Abbott marsh 9/18.
- Cranberry festival 10/5-6.
- Ramble on towpath 10/19.
Planning Board: No news
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- $2500 has been approved for Green Team.
- Mayor Malone said we raise money but must be deposited in city account. No raffles.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:55 (the next meeting will be October 9th, 2013 at 7:30pm.)