BCEC Minutes of September 11, 2013
Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of September 11, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charlie Kunkel, Mike Lahr, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw
July minutes approved.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: possible rain garden on steep slope; no rocks are going around parking area, Dianna Raichel needs help planting more plants and weeding butterfly garden 9/26 or 9/27.
- Oliver Street Park update: brush hog in fall.
- Green Team updates: lighting fair and compost workshop on 9/7 were well attended; Sustainable Jersey application coming along, going for silver certification; sewer plant tour sat 9/14. People in the community have asked for a map on trails and kids activities; possible weeding day for Railroad ave?
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- The Creative arts committee has been added as a new sub-group of the BCEC.
- Staffing for Cranberry festival needs help.
- Green Team sewer plant tour 9/14.
- Earth talk about the Abbott marsh 9/18.
- Cranberry festival 10/5-6.
- Ramble on towpath 10/19.
Planning Board: No news
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- $2500 has been approved for Green Team.
- Mayor Malone said we raise money but must be deposited in city account. No raffles.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:55 (the next meeting will be October 9th, 2013 at 7:30pm.)