Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC) Minutes of October 9, 2013
Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of October 9, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:30 p
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charles Kunkel, Mike Lahr, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone, Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Cindy Gallagher
September minutes approved with changes.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: On 9/27 the butterfly garden was weeded and new plantings planted with the help of Diana Raichel and volunteers. Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog in 2 weeks.
- Oliver Street Park update: brush hog in 2 weeks,
- Greenteam updates: The Greenteam would like a page on the BCEC website; they would like to update the recycling guide; railroad ave was weeded and so was the jug handle on Crosswicks and 130 and mums were planted.
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- Community Garden- Mayor Malone received a go ahead on the Clare Estate Property, he will finalize and then the CG committee will begin garden plans.
- Great turnout for Cranberry Festival with a lot of people showing interest in BCEC events.
- 10/9 Abbott Marsh Tour- meet at light rail parking lot.
- Possible talk on energy audits Dec 3 or 10th.
- The Park st Townhouses are moving ahead with Illumiati construction- dealing with light and drainage issues.
- New duplex on Willow St is being approved.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- $500 has been allotted for Greenteam.
- Mayor Malone said we raise money but must be deposited in city account. No raffles.
Meeting Adjourned at 8:45 (the next meeting will be December 11th, 2013 at 7:30pm.)