BCEC Minutes of November 13, 2013
Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of November 13, 2013
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:30 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-chair), Michael Tunney, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Charles Kunkel, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Mayor Malone
October minutes approved.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog.
- Oliver Street Park update: Mike Tunney and Don Stein will brush hog. We to come up with a plan for spring maintenance.
- Greenteam updates: Won Silver award for Sustainable Jersey!! And Sustainable Small Community Award! They are updating the recycling pamphlet to include info on recycling Rx drugs and cell phones.
- Library Native plant garden– needs to be cleaned up and new plants added and thin older plants. Best time for this is spring.
- Community Garden- Mayor Malone to follow up with Clare Estates.
- BCEC Sub-Committees- please tell Ralph which committee you would like to join.
- Fall/winter newsletter is being worked on by Joel Dowshen.
- The Creative team is working a creative asset map for town and wants a city calendar that lists all Bordentown Events, not just ones sponsored by DBA.
- Sustainable Jersey grants are out 2k and 20k- any ideas on what to apply for- electric car to follow sweeper or community garden.
- Hilltop Park plans need input from BCEC.
- Bill and Carol Perroni won the rain barrel from the cranberry festival.
- No December Earth Talk
- Possible Water and Sewer plant talk.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
– No new updates
Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 (the next meeting will be December 11th, 2013 at 7:30 pm.)