Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of April 9, 2014
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice Chair), Michael Lahr, Leah Ducey, Don Stein, Andy Richardson
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Mayor Malone
March minutes approved.
Public comment: none
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Dianna Raichel from the D&R Greenway brought 2 volunteers and cleaned up the butterfly garden; benches for Lime Kiln?
- Oliver Street Park update: Dianna Raichel is going to give the BCEC advice on the next plan of action for Oliver Street Park; the Mayor is looking into fencing for the culvert; Don Stein and Mike Tunney brush hogged the park.
- Greenteam updates: 5th annual Green Fair June 14- volunteers needed please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org; in touch with USDA about a working on the People and wildlife Intercation plan for sustainable Jersey- an expert on vultures is being contacted for a possible EarthTalk.
- Community Garden- Meeting with Roger from BTEC about how the township went about setting up a Community Garden May 3rd.
- Kiwannis club helped clean up Native Plant Garden at the Library.
- Mayoral Report– Hilltop Park hill is being cleared to enhance view of Crosswicks Creek and the Marinas, vegetation will be put in place to control erosion. Canopy in park will also be thinned to allow more natural light into park.
- Lambertville has an optional town composting program- Ralph will look into details.
- Leah will email Joel BCEC spring eco event flier.
- 4/26 Rainbarrel Workshop at Carslake
- 4/26 Kids Creek Exploration with the Watershed Ambassador.
- Street Fair May 17-18th.
- 2nd and Park Street Parking issue is being resolved to add greenery and control storm water runoff to Hamlet.
- Marcellos is upgrading the deck area to an enclosed area- BCEC has no objections.
- 2 lots on Chesnut St are being made equal size.
BCEC 2013 Budget:
Meeting Adjourned at 9:22 (the next meeting will be May 14th at 7:30pm.)