Bordentown City Environmental Commission (BCEC)
Minutes of July 9, 2014
Carslake Community Center Senior’s Room
Minutes prepared by Leah Ducey
Meeting called to order at 7:35 pm
Attendance: (Quorum present) Ralph Tolomeo (Chair), Joel Dowshen (Vice-Chair), Andy Richardson, Leah Ducey, Mike Tunney
(Members of the public present): Cathy Elliott-Shaw, Patrick Froelich
May minutes approved.
Public comment: Patrick Froelich is running a water monitoring workshop 6/12 at 508 Hughes Dr Hamilton NJ.
Communications and Announcements:
- Lime Kiln Park update: Maintenance has to be kept low, we need to establish a maintenance plan.
- Oliver Street Park update: Need to establish maintenance plan.
- Greenteam updates: Green Fair Recap: Most exhibitors and attendance since 1st Green Fair. 6/13/15 next fair.
- Community Garden Update– Member of the green team and BCEC met with Jill Popko of the Bordentown Township greenteam to discuss their challenges and successes of starting a community garden; the BT greenteam would like to pair with BC greenteam to start a garden at the high school.
- Andy Richardson attended NOFA’s Symphony of Soil film and suggested it as a possible Earth Talk.
- Library Garden looks great! Marsha Dowshen and Leona Lee have cleaned up garden and marked native plants with new plant ID markers.
- Bordentown City is going to single stream recycling- we can now recycle # 3,4,6,7
- Sean Murphy of the Burlington County Times would like to know what’s going on with the BCEC for an article.
- See Andy for staffing the booth for Cranbury Festival
- We are co-sponsoring events with Abbott Marsh
- Cranbury Festival 10/4 and 10/5
- GreenTeam Earth talk on Vultures In december
- No update
BCEC 2013 Budget:
- No new news
Meeting Adjourned at 8:50 (the next meeting will be August 13th at 7:30pm.)